Epoxy flooring is one of the most popular surfaces for industrial areas because it has so many advantages. But it should not be considered an exclusively industrial product. The benefits of epoxy can be brought to many projects, bringing a durable and easy to clean surface and a vast palette of colours and patterning that can make a floor into a work of art. Here are some of the advantages of epoxy flooring.
- Improves Surfaces: When epoxy hardens, it becomes a smooth continuous surface that hides surface cracks and holes. Using epoxy is an excellent practice to hide defects in old, cracked concrete. You can find suppliers for epoxy floors in Adelaide through an internet search. Correctly applied, the finished product is smooth and shiny and has no seams. Looking like it just had a fresh coat of polish.
- Durability: one of the reasons that epoxy is so famous for industrial applications is that it is so tough. Epoxy becomes a very hard material, like glass, that tenaciously adheres to surfaces and is resistant to many hazards. Such as, chemical spills, friction from wheels, impact damage, and heat. You can get UV resistant formulations as well.
- Cost-Effective: Depending on how fancy the application of the epoxy is, the cost is generally lower than most of the choices available. And because epoxy is so long-lasting, it saves money in future maintenance costs.
- Protects your Floor: There is no other product that will protect your floor as good as epoxy. All other products, except for paint, will damage your floor to a certain extent just by being applied. And further damage occurs when they need to be reapplied. Epoxy seals your floor and makes it extra strong. And it also stops any water from traveling through as well.
- Maintenance: Perhaps the second most appreciated characteristic of epoxy is its ease of maintenance. Epoxy is easy to clean, and many types of industrial floor cleaning machines can be used on them without damage. If the surface fades through usage, it is possible to apply a clear coat to bring the floors back to new condition. Other than that, all you must do is mop or sweep the floors as needed. The smooth surface makes this very easy.
Epoxy is available in as many colours as you can imagine, and you can also add effects like metallic flakes and swirls. Expert applicators can do beautiful things with properties of epoxy, and if you like, you can have logos and other images embedded under a clear coat. Epoxy is one of the best choices you can make for a level surface, and it is easy to care for and incredibly durable.