When it comes to designing your kitchen, selecting the right cabinetry is one of the most important decisions you will make. Besides serving as storage, cabinets also define the look and feel of your kitchen. In this blog, we will discuss the basic types of cabinets you can choose from.
- Wall Cabinets: These cabinets hang on the wall and usually have a height of 12-42 inches. Wall cabinets are perfect for storing items you don’t need to access frequently.
- Base Cabinets: These cabinets sit on the floor and provide countertops for preparation and cooking. They usually have a height of 34-36 inches and a depth of 24 inches.
- Tall Cabinets: Tall cabinets are floor-to-ceiling storage options that can be used to store large items such as cleaning supplies, brooms, and mops.
- Corner Cabinets: Corner cabinets are designed to maximize the often-wasted space in the corner of the room. These cabinets can be shaped like a diagonal, or they can have a circular carousel inside to allow for easy access to all contents.
- Specialty Cabinets: Some specialty cabinets are designed to serve specific purposes, such as pull-out spice racks or tray dividers for organization.
- Open Shelving: Open shelving is an increasingly popular option for homeowners who want to display their dishes and kitchen accessories. Open shelves are usually made of wood, glass, or metal.
In conclusion, selecting the right type of cabinets is crucial when it comes to designing a functional and beautiful kitchen. Consider your storage needs and kitchen layout to determine what type of cabinet is best for you. Make sure to also choose cabinets that fit within your budget and design aesthetic.
This article was written by Jordan Legault, Jordan is the owner of The French Refinery. Founded in 2015, https://frenchrefinery.com/ quickly built a name and reputation for high-end cabinetry with quality craftsmanship and attention to fine detail. We strive every day to provide the utmost in customer service because our customers deserve the best we can provide. We have built a hand-picked team of talented craftsmen with over 100 years of combined experience. Custom cabinetry is our craft, we love what we do, and we make it show through in the work we provide on a daily basis.